Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Does Anyone have a strategy on killing the dragon in Dragon Age 2 Deep Road Expedition?

I'm on the beginning of the quest after you get the 50k and maps. The dragon is at the first part of the quest after you rescue the dwarf who got lost. I keep getting killed by this thing. Anyone finished or currently at that quest have any tips on fighting it?Does Anyone have a strategy on killing the dragon in Dragon Age 2 Deep Road Expedition?
Here is what I did...



Companions

Me (Warrior)

Anders (Mage)

Merril (Mage)

Verric (Rogue) Locked in your party



I lead my warrior behind the dragon and used taunt so the dragon turned around and focused on me while the rest of my party used magic and range to kill it from a distance. When your health gets low switch off from a health poultice then to anders heal ability so that the other can cool down. I was working on the sword and shield tree and the 2h weapon tree, By doing this I could unleash my sword and shield ability's on an enemy then switch to a 2h weapon while the sword and shield ability's cooled down. Verric has an ability that rains down arrows on an enemy that deals a fair amount of damage so use that whenever you can. Fire based spells are weak against dragons so don't waste mana on those, instead try something like a ice based spell. If you have to get close to the dragon to cast a spell make sure to get out of range as soon as possible so it doesn't direct its attacks on your Madge.



This is what I what I did and I found the battle extremely easy.



If you have a party of Long range companions then try a for corner tactic, Have a party members spread out in for places around the dragon so it can really only focus on one. I cant give you much help with that party type because my battle plans are based around having at least one warrior in your party and switching tactic based on the situation.



Hope that helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment